Thursday, July 29, 2010

ODBDSLC22 Distressed? Be Strong!


Late night tonight posting this. Thought I'd squeeze into one more challenge, hopefully before the deadline! Our Daily Bread's Shining Light Challenge for this past week was to Distress It! This evening I made a quick, simple, rather distressed card that would probably be a good masculine card. I went all out distressing - tearing, roughing, and inking (with Distress Ink even) edges. I used the CuttleBug "Distressed Stripes" embossing folder and rubbed the ink pad over it. I even pounced the ink pad on the pitiful raffia. Despite the all the distressing (here & life), this verse is so encouraging BE STRONG & Courageous for God is with me, you, us!!! Knowing this helps me sleep at night! : )

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs-Scripture Collection 3
Ink: VersaFine-Vintage Sepia, TH Distress Ink-Antique Linen
Paper: SU, Colorbok
Other: CuttleBug Embossing folder-Distressed Stripes, Raffia
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous take on the distressing challenge. I love all your textures and the way you framed the verse. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card!!! Love the distressing and the rustic colors are fabo!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with ODBD this week! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card - you've done a fabulous job with the distressing challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Pati! Great job with the distressing & dry embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!