Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HOPE You Can Cling To Batch 2

Here's another batch of cards I finished up for the SplitCoast Challenges!

HYCCT1119 - Use Pressure Embossing
Stamps-Starvingartistamps; Ink-Stampin'Up Rose Romance, Memento Rich Cocoa (words) and Pink (sponging);
Sakura Stardust pen used on the letters; Cuttlebug EF Victorian

HYCCT1112 - Incorporate at least 1 Heart
Stamps-Penny Black bear, Hero Arts sentiment; Ink-VersaFine, Tombow Markers, Sakura Glaze pens on the rose;
Paper-K&CCompany, DCWV; Spellbinders Heart die; scallop edging scissors

HYCCT1124 - Thank you card for a caregiver
Stamp-Inkadinkado; Ink-Stampin'up, Tombow marker; Paper-K&CCompany, DCWV; Sakura Stardust pen, ribbon

HYCCT1122 - Take Inspiration from your Happy Place
Stamp-Inkadinkado; Ink-VersaFine, Tombow Markers; Stickles, Prima flowers, Sizzix Leafy branch die, MS edger punch

HYCCT1111 - Use Girly elements - bling, ribbon, lace, etc.
Stamp-Stampin'Up; Paper-DCWV; Ink-VersaFine, Tombo Markers; Stickles, Ribbon, Pink Lace, 1/2 Pearls

HYCCT1109 - Things you see when you look UP!
Stamp-Inkadinkado clear; Ink-Memento, Tombow markers; ribbon
On white paper, I sponged yellow ink, placed circle cutout down and sponged other colors to make a sunrise/set. Then I stamped, colored & cutout the bird image to pop up, covering some smudges : ) This was my first try at sponging a sunrise/set, after seeing this done so often by Theresa Momber. I didn't take the time to check out some of her stuff to refresh my memory, but I think I did alright for my spur of the moment, let's do this, first try. : )

HYCCT1121 - Use 2 different sizes of one shape
Stamps-JustRite; Ink-Stampin'Up, Memento; Paper-Hot off the Press, DCWV; Spellbinders dies, Pearls

HYCCT1106 - Looking in on you (window card)
Stamp-Hero Arts; Paper-DCWV Garden Party, Stampin'Up; Spellbinders Labels4, ribbon
This was an interesting challenge for me (esp at 1am), the first time I've tried a window cutting 3 times (base card and 2 layers) then stamping in the window, whew! It might have been easier to make the solid color frame to place around the window rather than do the recessed solid frame, oye!

HYCCT1118 - Use purple on the card (Survivor color)
Stamp-Inkadinkado; Ink-Encore Metallic Purple; Paper-Hot Off the Press, DCWV; MS Edger punch, Rhinestones

HYCCT1126 - Send a little sunshine
Stamp-Inkadinkado clear; Paper-Hot Off the Press, Stampin'Up; Ink-Colorbox Chalk Ink,
Sakura Stardust pen; CM mini punch

HYCCT1120 - Make a card with a treat
Stamp-Inkadinkado clear; Ink-Colorbox Chalk Ink, Tombow Markers; Sakura Soufle pen(white icing),
Stardust pen, Cuttlebug EF Happy Birthday, Stickles, Rhinestone (cherry), ribbon

HYCCT1129 - Use words of encouragement (word, quote, or sentiment)
Stamp-A Country Welcome; Ink-VersaFine; Paper-K&CCompany; Ribbon, Heart buttons

Well that's all of them I finished & posted by the deadline Monday (11/7). So close, only 5-6 more to complete the challenges but even if I had stayed up all night and taken the 1/2 day off of work I probably wouldn't have been able to finish the last bunch and posted them by the deadline of 12 noon my time. Around 3 am I was feeling alittle creatively burned out and pretty tired. : ) I'm pretty happy that I got as many done as I did these past 2 weeks and I used some stamps I've had for years and hadn't used before!

Now, I really need to clean this place up before hubby gets home! It looks pretty neglected and Sissy thinks she has been to, silly dog. : )



1 comment:

  1. VVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY nice cards. YOU have been busy.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!