Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sweet n' Sassy Stamps July Release Challenges


This sentiment made me smile :)  I do enjoy flowers, and flower stamps!  The Forget-me-not is the Alaska state flower.

Sweet n' Sassy Stamps was having a July stamp release party with challenges posted on Splitcoast this past week.  Of their 6 Challenges, I made 4 cards to cover 5 of them, and whew! that's alot of cards from me in one, very long night!  I had no more creative mojo to make a 5th or 6th card by the 11am AK time (3pm EST) deadline to get them uploaded (which ended up being almost a 2 hour task in itself this morning!)!  It didn't help that taking decent pictures of these cards at night was no easy task..  I retook the pics with natural lighting (later) today to post here.  Some came out better here but it's too late to exchange the images posted to the challenges.

Even though stamps from Sweet n' Sassy Stamps weren't required to participate in their challenges, I had fun choosing some digi-stamps to buy from their website; just download, play with sizing & print out!  


This card is for Challenge 4 - Use dies with patterned paper and Challenge 5 - Inspirational photo. I took inspiration from the floral blanket and pastel colors of the lanterns that were in their picture.  Flowers from a second image were popped up here and the butterfly is conveniently covering a small tape paper tear (from sloppily taping the die in place). : )

Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps-Forget-me-not digi, Blue Morpho Butterfly digi, Flower Sentiments digi
Paper: DCWV (yellow), Memory Box (green polka dot)  
Other: Tombow Markers, Stickles, Spellbinders Oval, Lacey Oval, Square; Cuttlebug EF



A card for Challenge 2 - Colors was not simple for me.  The required colors were Old Olive (Olive), Calypso Coral (Deep Coral) & Baja Breeze (Dusty Blue).  My original idea of Dusty Blue wasn't the same as theirs, but I think this is close here.  It's glittery paper so hard to photograph anyway, it does look better in real life!  My old, Old Olive paper looks like it's fading away but it matches the pattern paper.  I used Old Olive ink to stamp a pattern on it and distressed the edges using the blade of my scissors (NOT safe!).  That tiny butterfly is the limit of smallness for me to cut out & pop up!  Can you tell how much fun I had playing with the sizing of that one butterfly image?!  


Here's more of the shimmer angle :)

Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps- Blue Morpho Butterfly digi, Flower Sentiments digi
Paper: DCWV, SU   Ink: Stampin'Up, Tombow Marker  
Other: Spellbinders Labels 4; Martha Stewart border punch, ribbon



This is for Challenge 3 - Sketch.  So many options with papers that I just had to pick one (and get it done!). I like the little punched flowers with Cinnamon Stickles centers to resemble the paper pattern.  I just could not find the right brad or bling, till I went thru my old punches!  The papers & colors just spoke "garden" to me when I was looking for something to pair with that sentiment.  The sentiments on these 3 cards are part of the Flower Sentiments digi-stamp, hence the similar theme. :)  Hmmm, I forgot a butterfly on this one.

Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps- Flower Sentiments digi
Paper: DCWV   Ink: Memento-Cantalope (sponging) 
Other: Mini Flower Punch (?), Scallop Scissors, Stickles, Spellbinders Square



This is Challenge 6 - Butterflies!  Another butterfly, well the same image just a few sizes larger!  Actually, this card is just under 4"x4" and not quite square (some odd size I came up with very early this morning, based on the amount of patterned paper I liked) so the butterfly isn't huge, relatively speaking... Anyway. The sentiment here is a stamp from Memory Box (yes, a non-SnSS product). 

Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps-Blue Morpho Butterfly digi, Memory Box-Hello
Paper: DCWV (reddish), Memory Box (green polka dot)   Ink: Memento Black, Tombow Markers
Other: Martha Stewart border punch, ribbon, Sakura Stardust pen


This was fun!  Makes me want to stamp more, just no more late, late nighters if I can help it!  Speaking of which...Good Night!

3 comments:

  1. THAT was fun ! ! !
    I had to laugh when I read your statement about the sentiment made you smile - cause it did the same for me - and I am still smilin'. Thanks!!
    I enjoyed allllll of your cards. You did goood especially figuring in the lateness of the hour. WOW! ! ! Brings back memories....
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur cards are all very pretty! I love those blue flowers and how you popped them up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!