Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Merry Christmas cards


I see it's been quite awhile since I've posted here so I thought I'd post a few of the Christmas cards I made back in December!  I seem to be a few years behind in using many of the Christmas/Winter stamps I acquire.  The last couple of  years I've looked at this cute polar bear & penguin stamp thinking, I really want to use this!  It has sat out on my table all this time (yes, years), patiently waiting, always smiling & waving at me, so this year I finally did!  


I made enough to color 2 of each scarf color combo except for one, but that's what I get for only stamping 11 images on just the right size scraps of cardstock and not finding another scrap handy to make an even number.  I left a few snow dots in the image un-inked to leave room to stamp the Merry Christmas.  Stickles were used to add sparkle to the snow and the ruff on the penguin's hat.  The patterned paper was chosen based on scarf colors and the layers I played with determined the size of the card.  This fulfilled my need for variety despite the initial assembly line intention. : )

Stamps: Image-Great Impressions, Sentiment-Taylored Expressions
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Tombow markers, Stickles
Papers: DCWV, Penny Black, SU, Memory Box

_____________________________________________________________________________



Breaking my usual lag time in making cards with holiday stamps I acquire, these 4 cards were made with a set I just purchased in the last 3 months from Stampin' Up! I tried for some with a non-traditional background, but hey, they're still green, kinda homey. : )  The tree image with the words is stamped using Pearlescent Brilliance ink, giving it a nice little shimmer.  The lighter green stamped image on the lower left card is a second imprint.  I used the Stardust pen on the stars & on the string of red lights on the decorated trees to add some shine.

Stamps: Stampin' Up-Peaceful Pines  with Perfect Pines thinlits dies
Inks: Brilliance Pearlescent, SU, Sakura Stardust pen 
Paper: DCWV, K&Company

Well, I made another style of Christmas card also, but apparently I haven't transferred their pictures to my computer yet since I'm not finding them now.  I better post these anyway, otherwise another year may fly by before I do! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!