Friday, November 5, 2010

Ribbons on colors

The Stamping in Time: On Assignment Challenge 21 at Our Daily Bread Designs Blog is to use our favorite embellishment, and to make it obvious as to which is our favorite, since it is so hard to use just one embellishment on a card, let alone pick one favorite!

I love ribbon!! I don't use it on anything but cards but I'm attracted to the many colors, styles and sizes of ribbon. When the craft stores break out the holiday ribbon, I can't resist checking it out, what new colors and designs this year?!! Last month I bought this sheer red ribbon with sunflowers printed on it. It's pretty wide and has wire but I don't let that deter me. It works great as a background, after removing the wire.


Since this is sheer ribbon I put a strip of colored paper behind it. In this first card I used red paper; it brightens the red and deepens the green of the leaves in the print.


Here is the same card but with green paper instead of red. The strip of green paper behind the sheer red ribbon deepens the red and brightens the green of the leaves on the print. It also makes the other ribbon look awfully orange here. It's actually more of a copper color and matches the glittery edging on the sheer red ribbon, but you can't tell that from this pic, grrrrr.

Glitter or other shimmery embellishments are also a favorite of mine. These ribbons happen to have some glitter and shimmer to it. I carried it over to the paper by using some glitter glue. Hmmm, is it still obvious that Ribbon is my favorite here tho?!

This is one of my favorite verses - Don't ask me to pick ONE of those!! It also happens to be the verse Becca Feeken chose to be in the Scripture 4 set at ODBD. I was thinking of and praying for Becca and her family as I made these cards. Becca is pretty well known in rubberstamping blog land, being a part of many design teams for stamp craft companies and with her blog - Amazing Paper Grace. Her husband recently passed away. Tho we celebrate that he is home with our Lord with no more struggles, illness or pain, I pray for strength and courage for Becca and her family as they adjust to his physical absence in their daily life. This makes me think of the Matthew West song "Save a Place for me".

Stamps: ODBD-Scripture 4 Ink: Versafine-Vintage Sepia, TH Distress Ink-Brick Red (sponging) Paper: Prima Marketing, DCWV Other: Spellbinders-Classic Ovals, Big Scallops; Autumn Ribbon-JoAnns; Stickles

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pati! Oh my goodness thank you for stopping by my blog today! I would have missed this pretty pair of cards! Isn't it amazing how different a paper behind the ribbon can make it look! I think I love the green paper but I do love coppery colors so IRL I might pick the red... but what a choice... very different yet both beautiful! How sweet that you were praying for Becca as you made this! She will so appreciate knowing how many are lifting her up!!!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!