Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving cards

The celebrated Thanksgiving Day, a day to gather with family & friends to eat (what we do best together) and share what we're thankful for or the commercial interpretation - day of feasting in preparation for the big shopping weekend, is fast approaching! My hubby is working thru that Saturday following so we will have our little feast a few days later. That means I'll be able to relax and do my own thing that day! Well, I have been invited to a neighbors' so I still have the option to feast. : )


I just finished up some cards that I'm gonna send out in thanksgiving for my family. I had colored these images about this time last year but by the time I finished, the task of matching them up with paper was too overwhelming for me to get them finished for last Thanksgiving. (I HAD to color them all different!) You may recognize a few from previous posts and entries into ODBD challenges but most of them were done these last couple of weeks while Scott was home. (Verse was just added to 2 of the cards posted earlier - the card above and the Orange card on the right below.)


Just like I varied the colors in the image, I tried to vary the style of the card at least slightly tho they still are very similar. They are the standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 (or close to it except the first card) for easy mailing so not too much room for variation. I have a hard time making exactduplicates anyway, too many options, too many colors, and I only made less than a dozen (unlike Christmas cards) so why not play!


Some of them were colored with markers (Tombow and Adirondack) and some were colored with Prismacolor pencils. I had lots of practice with layering colors while doing these.


This is a great image to use the out-of-the box die cutting technique. Simple cloth image to cut around : ) I like how the cloth part kinda pops up at you naturally, there's no foam tape under it tho I considered putting some there anyway since I'm mailing it out. Hmm, those grapes almost glow on the left-hand card.


This Bible verse is part of the Fruit of the Spirit stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs. I had won the fruit bowl image thru the "Whose stamp is it anyway?" competition in Scrap&Stamp Arts magazine last year so I don't have the set. Since I liked the verse with this image, I picked 4 of my favorite fonts to print it out in Word (or Publisher).

Whew, I'm glad these are done! Off to get these ready for the mail! Then on to making Christmas cards. : ) I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and remember to be thankful every day (without the additional calories)!! : )

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs-Fruit of the Spirit Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Tim Holtz Distress inks-Antique Linen, Tea, Brick
Paper: DCWV Other: Markers-Tombow, Adirondack; Prismacolor Pencils, Spellbinders- Classic Ovals, Sm. Scalloped ovals, Labels 4; Cuttlebug EF- D'vine Swirl, Textile; Sakura Clear Stardust pen, DMC Metallic Gold floss, Foam tape, Ribbon

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!