Monday, January 31, 2011

January Swap cards

Wow, this month has flown by! Hubby came home from work early and my seasonal tax job started up, so I have not stamped much this month at all. I had signed up for some swaps earlier so I did get those done by monthend, barely.


This was for a Blue & Silver card swap. This time of year, when I think of using blues snowmen and snowflakes always come to mind. (I tried to think of something else but it wasn't happening.) I like snowflakes and snowmen, and with these old silver flake brads and blue & silver flaky ribbon this came together quickly in my mind! The snowflake background stamp was used with Versamark & clear embossing powder.

Stamp: Great Impressions-snowmen, Our Daily Bread Designs-Snowflake Swirl Background
Ink: Versamark, Versafine-Gray, Tombow Markers
Other: Silver brads, Ribbon (Michaels or Hobby Lobby), Clear Embossing Powder, Stickles
____________________________________________________


This was for a Red, Black & white card swap. In person, the white is more ivory and the red is more brick/barn/rustic red(ish). I really like the effect of the embossing & sanding for the background. It was fun and saved me time not having to go thru papers, trying to pick & choose a combo & layout... not that I didn't try to before I settled on this technique (eye roll). The black gathered ribbon was part of a small stash I got as part of a grab bag a long time ago.

Stamp: Our Daily Bread Designs-Scripture Collections 3; Ink: Versafine-Black Onyx; Paper: DCWV; Other: Martha Stewart Doily punch, Cuttlebug EF-Victoria, Black gathered ribbon, sandpaper
_______________________________________________



This was for a torn edges card swap. My mind went blank at first until I went thru some of my new stamps from Our Daily Bread. : ) It took me longer to decide whether to go with brown ribbon, keep it 2 tone, or add color, as shown here.

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs-Full of Grace Pray, Wood Background, Don't Worry (butterfly)
Ink: Stampin'Up-Chocolate, Tombow Marker, Sakura Stardust pen
Other: Sizzix Leafy Branch, Ribbon

I'm doing better at keeping my commitments for swaps than at making birthday cards for my family, ugh! There won't be many more cards (or commitments) made until after tax season.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!