Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Daisy Wedding


The daughter of one of my bosses is getting married today.  We are invited to their reception here in the valley this evening.  The kids' (19 & 21) colors are Purple (his favorite) & Yellow (her favorite) and their flowers are daisies, purple & yellow daisies.  I looked up images of purple & yellow daisies on the internet for ideas.  All of the variations did not help me, only added to the questions as to what their flowers of choice looked like, what shade of purple, etc.  I said a quick prayer and just started coloring samples with different shades of purple, different inks & implements and matched with different papers then just picked one and went to work!  I had stamped the Vows on the vellum last month for another wedding card I was trying to make but it didn't dry fast enough so I had changed my design to not use it then.  Now I wanted to use it here.  With that in mind I knew I could color the daisies rather brightly to show through the vellum, but not too boldly that the words couldn't be read across the image.  After playing a bit I decided to use Prismacolor pencils for the flowers & markers for the stems.


I sponged some yellow ink  around the daisies to tone down the white cardstock.  To make the purple frame to cover the tape on the vellum, I used a rectangle die the height that I wanted for the width of the opening, following? :)  Using it twice I had the height of the opening in the frame.  Thankfully the frame didn't need to be any bigger & it still fit through my Cuttlebug!  I like how it came together, even with the time & patience needed to line it all up! I finished with 2 hours to spare before the reception :)



Stamps: Stampendous Daisy Stem Trio, To Have & To Hold        Ink: Versafine Black Onyx (words), 
Memento Tuxedo Black (image), Memento Dandelion, Tombow Markers    
Papers: DCWV, Vellum      Other: Prismacolor Pencils, Spellbinders rectangle die, Offray Ribbon,  Double Hearts charm (JoAnn)

1 comment:

  1. VERRRRRY pretty card. Coloring is grrrreaaaat.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!