Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thinking of you Cocoa wishes with Blue Poppies


Stamps: Great Impressions (bear), Biblical Impressions (ToY)    Paper: Echo Park, DCWV     
Ink: Memento-Tuxedo Black, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers    Other: Deckle Edge scissors 

Hello!  Thinking of you!  I have a few minutes before my bed time and since the hubby is already sleeping, I can't craft up there, so I thought I'd pop in here for a quick post!  I made the above card for hubby several months ago.  I think this is one of my first attempts at coloring with my new Spectrum Noir markers.  Oooo, that reminds me.  I received an email notice from Crafter's Companion announcing their release of redesigned Spectrum Noir markers on October 1st!  Some of the changes include: new shape, reformulated ink, and compatibility with a new brush nib (sold separately)!  They say they will still carry the refills & nibs for the old style tho they won't sell the old design after Sept 14. Whew, 'cause I think I have the whole set (darn it!). Here's a link to their store & announcement.  
__________________________________________________________________



Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps - Sweet Cocoa & Hot Cocoa Sentiments digis    
Ink: TH Distress Ink    Paper: DCWV, BoBunny    
Other: Spellbinders-ovals, wonky rectangles, MS Snowflake punch, Prismacolor Pencils

I made this for the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps September release challenge to use a warm beverage on a card.  They have a line of cute Cocoa the Mouse stamps & digital images.  I had this one I thought was appropriate. : )  I'm not ready for winter or snow yet!  We are into Fall here in AK; raining every day, leaves are turning colors other than green, temps are dropping; definitely cocoa (& hot tea) time for me!
________________________________________________________________



Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy-Poppies digi    Papers:  DCWV    
Other: Spellbinders-ovals, Prismacolor pencils, Eyelets

Here is the 2nd of 2 blue poppy images I had colored a couple of weeks ago. It was waiting to be matched with papers & assembled into a card.  I made this for the Sweet n' Sassy Stamps September release challenge to make a card using Blue, White and a third color.  My choice, green.  I was skimming through some old Splitcoast sketches and SC99 caught my eye for this image & the papers I wanted to use.  My adhesive wasn't sticking to the green glitter paper very well so I dug out my stash of eyelets to anchor the corners down. I have a rather large stash, I need to use them more often... : )

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!