Sunday, November 17, 2013

October HYCCT cards Part 2

Here's a few more of my cards for the challenges:

Sparkling Season - make a glittery holiday card. I used glitter paper for the punched snowflake, clear embossed snowflakes on the background and used a star dust pen on the dots of the sentiment to add sparkle.
Stamps: Penny Black-snowflake, PrintWorks-sentiment    Paper: DCWV-Linen closet-glitter & matte   Ink: Memento black, Versamark     Other: Clear Embossing Powder, EK Success large snowflake punch, Sakura Stardust pen



Keep it under wraps-decorate/alter a notepad. I liked the glossy brown cover this little notebook had so I just added a strip of pink polished stone background with this encouraging artsy Life stamp and foil (ish) butterfly stickers. The font really is like that. :)
Stamp: Stampendous    Paper: Glossy    Other: Alcohol, SU reinkers, Corner rounder punch, 
Studio C purse book, Sticker King stickers


Strength of Steel - use metal on card. I adhered a foil container cover (from prescription eye drops, a nice long rectangle) to cardstock then embossed it with a folder and colored with alcohol inks.
Stamp: Inkadinkado  Paper: DCWV  Other: Foil, Darice EF-Fall Leaf Background, 
Ranger Alcohol Inks, JoAnn's fall ribbon



Mixing it up-Mixed media. It was fun to pull out some of my different things I was hoarding to try something like this 'someday'.   I painted textured paper with the metallic acrylic paint, both sides, then let it dry for about 20 of the 24 recommended hours. It die cut & embossed nicely. The grunge paper (for sentiment) was painted with metallic pearl with dabber then smacked with the paint brush of the colors I used for the flower, as I finished painting each color. I had to use a stamp-a-majig to restamp the sentiment a couple more times to make it show up boldly.  It would take off some of the acrylic paint the first couple of times I had to peel the stamp off of it. The background was made with a stencil & Perfect Pearl mister in gold. I love the gold tone of the paint and the shimmer of everything, tho hard to photograph!

Here's a close up:

Stamp: Stampendous  Inks: Stazon (stamp), Lumiere Metallic Acrylic Paint-Met. Olive Green, Halo Violet Gold, Adirondack Met. Acrylic Paint Dabber-Pearl  Other: Spellbinders Poinsettia dies, Heidi Swapp Chevron Stencil, Perfect Pearls Mist-Heirloom Gold, Stickles-gold, May Arts black mesh, Gold wired fringe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!