Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Autumn Leaves Card


The local stamp store (LSS) in Palmer (~20 miles away), the Stamp Cache, offered a September challenge. Linda, the store owner, gives out packets with a square of paper and several random embellishments with the instructions to use at least 3 things from the packet and a stamp from the store. This was as good excuse as any for me to buy another stamp. : )

Here's a list of what I used from the packet:
- 4" square Orange paper with circles on it (not sure the designer). It is double sided paper with Halloween theme words on black on the backside. I chose to go with the orange/fall themed side and trimmed it down to 3" square to fit it all on the card.
- Chipboard Circle- I colored it with an orange Tombow marker then with a Sakura orange glaze pen to give it shine. Once dry, I poked a hole in it and tied it on with Raffia.
- Pumpkin ribbon embell.-cut apart and layered onto the image (over the pumpkins in the image).
- Red Maple Leaf brad
- LSS Stamp- Autumn Leaves by Lockhart Stamp Co., colored with Prismacolor pencils and highlighted with Sakura's Stardust pen for alittle shimmer.

The remaining unused items in my packet were a small spider sticker, 1 green & 1 orange button, and 1 clear & 1 brown dew drops (not sure how to use these). I really tried to use the buttons, but they were just too much with what I had here.

This was really a fun challenge! I may have to find my way over to that area more often so I can participate more often! : )

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!