Sunday, September 19, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge JRC_036

JustRite Friday Challenge 036: Color Challenge

This week's JustRite Friday Challenge #036 is to use this color combination -- dark red, ivory & black, with the added twist of creating your own handmade embellishment. This can be a die cut or crocheted flower/shape, handmade felt embellishment, decorated paperclip or clothespin to add to your project, or any other type of embellishment!

JRC_036_ColorChallenge2

I'm having fun with these challenges, as you can probably tell : ) Looking at my growing collection of JustRite Stamps, I knew Christmas seemed to be the theme for September so I thought I'd try to stick with that. Keep this up and I'll have a good start on my Christmas cards!!
I wanted to use Black for more than just the ink, tho black isn't a color I usually have in mind for Christmas cards so this took some thinking. I tried whatever came to mind in an effort to not over think this (otherwise nothing gets done!). I've seen some great work with layers using Spellbinders dies done by lots of other creative gals, so that gave me some ideas to start with.


The JustRite stamps go hand in hand with Spellbinders nesties! Tho I stamped the words and the black lacy type border as one, I used several different dies to cut them apart and layer them. The lacy border was cut by hand with scissors so I could use another layer below it without making it all any wider for the card front. (The Christmas embossed background can be better seen in the next card I made.) Then to MAKE the embellishment, ugh, I left that for another evening. I experimented with the Blossoms 2 dies (and glitter glue) and made a few flowers to play with. I wasn't too unhappy with this for my first try. : }


I've learned to stamp several images of the same thing at one time to play with different ideas, if I have time, but mostly to have a backup just in case I really don't like the outcome of any experimenting I do with one. Here is another card using the same stamps, dies, punch, background, color theme but different layout and order of colors.


Stamps: JustRite Christmas Treasures Set Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Craft White
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles, Big Scallop Circle, Blossoms 2; Cuttlebug EF-Season's Greetings; Martha Stewart Edger-Doily Lace, Holly Leaf punch, Branch punch; Ribbon, Black brad, Stickles-Diamond, foam tape
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are so pretty Pati! The shimmery, glittery flower embellishment! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower embellishment is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!