Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Lockhart flower collection

Yes, I love floral stamps.  Here's a few cards I made recently with flowers from Karen Lockhart Stamps.  She doesn't sell stamps on her website but you can see what she's designed and look up what stores in what states carry her stamps.  I buy mine at my local stamp store (LSS), just 11 miles away! : ) 


 My LSS has a monthly challenge and Linda gives out goodie bags for them.  We have to use at least 3 things from the bag and a stamp from her store on our card as part of the challenge.  The goodie bags usually have about 9 things, a small (3x3?) piece of double sided paper, 2 buttons, 1-2 brads, 1-2 pieces of ribbon or floss/twine and 2-3 dew drops or other little items.  The cards are due the last Friday of the month, then that Saturday, card class participants vote for 2 - $10 card winners and 2 - $5 card winners.   Everyone who participates and doesn't win, gets a free stamp on their discount card (like a punch on a punch card).

This card is for the June - Summer theme challenge, can you tell?  I colored the floral image with Tombow markers to go with the patterned paper piece provided, found a 3rd matching button to use and was barely able to tie the tiny bow in the little piece of twine.  The little greenish butterfly was also part of my goodie pack.  The Summertime stamp (Great Impressions?) was a freebie stamp from her store last year, I thought it fit with the Summer theme, and I can say I used that stamp. :)  Being I'm so late in posting this, I know now that I won one of the $10 gift card prizes with this!  Whoo Hoo!  Already spent.... :)


I made this pink card for my neighbor Lore, on her birthday!  Lore cares for our pooch and comes over to water our 45+ houseplants when we are out of town.  She's not a pink gal but she grows lots of flowers, lots of roses, lilacs, big blue poppies and colorful peonies like in this image!  She also used to crochet so I thought this was a fitting accessory to the card, and despite all the pinkness here, it all matches the flowers!  She didn't complain, in fact, she let me know that she's "still expecting a handmade Christmas card, this pretty card" won't get me outta that!  I have a few months. : )


This card is for the August challenge - Celebrate in celebration of the 5th anniversary or birthday of our LSS!  I colored the image with pencils then used the Sakura Stardust pen to highlight all of the flowers and give it some shimmer.  The Happy Birthday is part of a larger sentiment stamp from Great Impressions.  That patterned paper provided isn't really my style but it's different and a good challenge for me to use it.  Now if I would use all of the other paper in my stash that I'm not really fond of! : )


4 comments:

  1. WHOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE ! ! !
    Greaaaaaaaaaaaatt cards. Beee-U-Teee-Fuuuulll coloring. Which die did you use on the first bday card??? I like the die. Oh, did you draw around the one die to get the next size or is the next size die that close to size??? Does that make sense??? Congrats on your winnings.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom :) Spellbinder Labels 18 is what I used on the Birthday card. I used the next up size die, didn't like how much bigger it was, embossed it and cut around the embossed edge by hand to frame the smaller die cut. I could have traced inside the bigger die, or around the outside of the smaller die, then trimmed by hand but I thought I'd try the look of the bigger one first, nope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three cards are wonderful, but I really really like the first one. Your coloring on that image is amazing, and the patterned paper is so cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!