Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sweet N' Sassy August Release challenges


Hello!  Thought I'd do some catching up on my posts here.  The Sweet n' Sassy Stamps Release party was a couple of weeks ago and I had uploaded these to Splitcoaststampers to get them submitted in time.  Blog land was forgotten for awhile.  But now, company has come & gone, hubby's at work and I'm home fighting a cold, what better thing do I have to do (other than make another challenge card)?  : )


This card was for the Color Combo Challenge - Green, Orange & Yellow.  The plaid paper is from an old set made by DCWV.  I trimmed out the bold pinkish red strip leaving the 3 pieces shown here just the right size to glue down on the embossed green base.  I wanted to play with some of my punches and make a flower using a technique Loll shared here for the center - with several small or mini (depending on size of flower) sun punch outs, cut into center then roll it into a cone shape.  Glue 5-6 of these sunny cones into the center of the flower for desired fullness.  

Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: DCWV
Ink: VersaFine Sepia
Accessories: Punch Bunch Sunflower, Mini Sun, Mini flower, McGill Tag punch, Stickles, Cuttlebug EF Leafy Branch


This card was for the Sketch challenge.  Hmmmm, nothing to say here.  I like the peachy paper.  Needs something, some would probably put pearls or ribbon on it but I didn't have any that went well with it.

Stamps: SNSS Flower Sentiments digi
Paper: KaiserCraft
Accessories: Sizzix Branch w/Leaves die, Spellbinders Classic Oval & Lacey Oval Dies, MS Doily border bunch


This card is for the CAS challenge - use Kraft on your card and for the Product challenge - use buttons & brads.  Tho, when I was making it late at night, I didn't remember the AND part so it only has a button (and a charm...). : }  I embossed the Kraft paper then rubbed white chalk ink over it to bring out the embossing.  The butterfly charm I picked up at a garage sale of a former scrapbooker and I was able to carefully cut off the ring/charm attachment, looks so much better!

Stamps: Memory Box
Paper: DCWV
Ink: VersaFine Majestic Blue, VersaMagic Cloud White
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF Textile, Button, floss, Butterfly Charm


This card is for the Inspiration challenge - a photo of a white wall with large chevron pattern on it and a couch with lots of pillows & accessories all with colorful chevron (zigzag) patterns on them.  With no zig zag stamps in my stash, my collection of baby ric rac came to mind.  I think I've got one too many rows here, almost ran out of room for the sentiment box.  Kinda different yet fun!

Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: DCWV
Ink: Memento
Accessories: Wrights Baby Rick Rack, gems, Spellbinders Square dies, Corner Rounder punch

1 comment:

  1. W O W ! ! ! I like, I like. I went to the site for making the daisy flower, step #9 was a WOOOW for me. Thanks for that tutorial - I am excited to try that one.
    I thought it was interesting how you placed the oval die cuts on your "peachy" card.
    I would not have thought to wipe chalk over the embossing - neat idea.
    And whooopppeee she has found a use for her baby ric rac.
    Busy, busy. Cute cards. TFS ! ! !
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!