Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cards

Here's a few cards I made back in July.


Using the above Sweet Stop sketch from July 6 I made the butterfly card below.  It was an experiment stamping the line image on the bold floral print.  As it is with experiments, sometimes when I look at it I like it, other times not so much. :)


Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy-Butterfly Flourish, Inkadinkado-Creative Words set    Ink: VersaFine Black   
Paper: ki memories, DCWV    Other:  Spellbinders-Wonky Rectangles die,   Cuttlebug EF-Cane Back Chair, 
Black EP,   Flowers-JoAnn's & Bazzillbasics, flower brad
_________________________________________________________________

Next, is the card I made for this Flourishes July Release Challenge - It's Sketchy  with this sketch and a window of any shape.  Most people made a window card (image stamped inside) so I went for something a little different, (more literal ?) using my new window dies from Memory Box!




Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy-Be Encouraged      Paper:  DCWV,  Vellum 
Ink: TH Distress Ink- Tea Dye (brick EF), Versafine-Vintage Sepia (sentiment)       
Other: Sizzix EF Brick Wall; Memory Box Dies-Small Madison Window, Small Flower Box, 
Fairytale Flower Border; MS Branch punch; Clear plastic- repurposed packaging; Stickles 

I inked the brick ef to help it show up on the patterned paper. You almost can't really tell what the original paper looked like now (it would be the embossed color tho it doesn't look quite the same) but I like the effect! Behind the window frame is pale yellow cardstock, then vellum, topped with clear plastic. Yes, cutting through all those layers to place it in the corner of the card was a pain!  The MB Fairytale Flower Border die was used with green, yellow & red cardstock.  The colored flowers were snipped & glued onto the green die cut, then the green cut apart and arranged in the flower box. I thought it would save me work to do it this way rather than use separate punches or other small dies, but I'm not so sure anymore! 
____________________________________________________________________

This next one is a wedding card for a gal at work.  Her favorite color is pink, followed by anything camo.  I really wanted to do something in pink camo but it didn't seem to work for me. Her girls wore pink dresses and her wedding bands have beautiful silver sparkle so for her card I went with pink & silver, simple style with alittle sparkle.


Stamps: Stampin'Up-Soft Swirls, Penny Black sentiment    Ink: Ranger Acrylic Paint dauber-Silver, Versafine-black, Versamark     Paper: echo park-Love Story pink    Other: Tim Holtz ideology Grunge Paper, Spellbinders Hearts die, eksucess corner rounder punch, Recollections Sparkle EP-Clear Silver, KaiserCraft-large pearl brad, 
pink flowers, Stickles, Offray ribbon

The heart was die cut from the grunge paper, (like light weight cardboard with a soft, velvety texture on one side) then coated with silver acrylic paint. I think coating that soft texture gives it some depth vs. using smooth cardboard. I added Stickles to the flowers & around the brad to add more sparkle.

Off to finish up another card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!