Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Butterflies, Dandelions & the AK Rose

I could see it was to be another bright, sunny day as I headed out to the yard with the dogs. There were 3 butterflies flitting around the front of the house in the sunshine, checking out the dandelions so I ran back inside to grab the camera.




I couldn't get all 3 together but I did get 2.



Even a bee shared a dandelion for a few seconds.


This is a Swallowtail Butterfly. I like the little bluish spots on the tail.


We have a big Alaska Wild Rose bush growing under our front window but they didn't seem interested in it.


The dogs, who normally chase and play with anything flying so low off the ground, seemed to have left them for me to enjoy while they went off exploring in the tall grass at the far end of the yard.



Well, I could only take so many pictures of a butterfly... I figured 40 was enough to select from! What was it I going to do today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!