Friday, May 22, 2009

May Card Swaps


I finished up some of the stamped card swaps I had committed to and I'm getting them ready to mail. Thought I'd share a few : )

I don't get over to the MojoMonday blog very often but I enjoy their challenges to help me to be more creative. One of the Yahoo groups I belong to challenged us to use this MojoMonday Week71 layout using Blue, Green & Brown. Here's my take on it.


I wanted to use some of my scrapbook paper that had those colors in it but other than that, I didn't really know what stamps I wanted to use. With this, I found the less I thought about it, the better and easier on my brain, not to mention the faster the card was made. I went thru my stamps, which seem to be mostly flowers, and just picked some stamps that I thought allowed for the overlap. I used some Frosty Stickles to add alittle sparkle to the flower and the hearts. It is different for me, when I look at it sometimes I like it, sometimes I'm not sure if I do or not. : )
Stamps: Flower-Watercolor Daisy Hampton Art Stamps, Verse-Printworks; Ink: VersaFine Olympia Green; Frosty Stickles
_________________________________

This card was made for a Turq. Blue, Yellow & Red card swap. I wanted to do something summery other than flowers, so the nautical theme came to mind : ) I had a few extra of these lighthouse images laying around from the last time I had used the stamp a few years ago. It is part of a larger stamp that I cut down to just the framed image. I didn't have brads just the right color or size so I used my 1/8" hole punch and "made" some dots to add to the corners. For a card I wasn't too keen on making, I think it came out ok! What do you think?
Stamps: Lighthouse image -D. Morgan for Stamps Happen, Thinking of you-Stampin'Up; Ink: Memories Black; Prisma Color Pencils
_____________________________________


Ahhhh, back to flowers! This card was for an Apricot, Orange and Blue swap. I wasn't too sure what the difference was between Apricot vs Peach vs Orange vs Tangerine vs ...... so I just made sure I used 2 different shades of an Orangish color. I was impressed as to how the blue ink looked on the pale Orange (or peach or apricot). I stamped several images so I could experiment with how to color them, if at all. I had fun coloring, practicing blending colors with colored pencils, the white "pops" out nicely on the daisy. I really like using this verse to encourage people on a Thinking of you type card.
Stamps: Flowers in Pitcher- Great Impressions, Flowers for background paper-Daisy Trio by Elzybells Art Stamps thru A Muse, Verse-Endless Creations; Ink: Stampin'Up Orange (background), VersaFine Majestic Blue (image & verse); Prisma Color Pencils

______________________________________


Here's the Black, Rose & Pink swap card. The scan of this card didn't come out very well. The base card is pink, which you only see on 2 sides in this picture. The knot of the ribbon holds the card up just enough to blur the image a bit too. : ( The real thing is one of my favorites tho... I used the Fiskars Deckle scissors on the edge of the pink stamped image, not trusting my paper tearing. There's a dot of Pink Stickles in the center of the 2 flowers of the image, a tiny bit of bling to not overwhelm or distract from it. : )
Stamps: Floral image- Stampin Up, Thinking of You- unknown; Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black; Pink Stickles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!