Sunday, January 17, 2010

Birthday card swaps

Here's 2 more cards I just finished up for swaps. The first is the Men's Birthday Card using Blue, Brown and White. A few of the men in my life are hunters so when I read this swap, a wild animal stamp came to mind. This is one from the Stampin' Up set - Yukon.


I like Blue and Brown combos, man card or not. I wouldn't normally use white with this, it looks so bright but that's what I get for using such dark colors. After the card was assembled I saw it needed something else. My first thought for embellishing is always ribbon with a bow or knot but that wouldn't do on this man card! I didn't really leave much room to add anything to it like brads or eyelets so I decided on adding brown (copper-y) glitter glue along the embossed stripes. I don't think my man will growl about brown glitter. : )

Stamp:Elk-Stampin'Up (Yukon set), Birthday-Lasting Impressions with Panache; Ink: Stampin'Up-Chocolate Chip (Elk), Adirondack-Denium (Birthday); Cuttlebug Embossing folder-Distressed Stripes; Stickles glitter glue-Cinnamon
________________________________________________

The next swap is a Lady's Birthday card using Red, Pink and White. This color scheme makes me think Valentine's not birthday. Not wanting to spend too much time thinking about it, I just started playing around, but using the required colors in the process.


I had just bought a couple of small containers of very thin fun foam flower and heart stickers at Target for $1 each (container of 50+, I'm guesstimating). I'm not a big fan of these foam stickers but thought they'd be a good challenge for me to use, for a good price. They were just the colors I needed here! I added dots of red glitter glue to their centers.

I've used this swirl stamp on other cards with paper flowers so I thought it would be ideal here since I didn't have any patterned paper with these colors to play with. The Happy Birthday stamp was 1 long rubber stamp (unmounted). I cut the 2 words apart to make it/them more versatile. This way I was able to mount the words on a block at an angle to fit the white space just the way I wanted it. Well, it was a little challenging to get it about right and mostly straight since they are rubber and not the clear poly stamps like the swirl is. Not my usual style but simple and quick to make. I think some young lady might like it. : )

Stamp: Swirls-Autumn Leaves, Birthday-Endless Creations; Ink: Stampin'Up-Rose Red; Ribbon-JoAnn's; Stickles glitter glue-Christmas Red; Foam flower stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!