Sunday, January 10, 2010

White on White, with a little shine

White on White always seemed a challenge for me in the past. I had seen others do beautiful things with white on white in the past but I had never tried it myself. Since I've increased my collection of Cuttlebug embossing folders I wasn't as intimidated when this came up as a swap. I think the embossing helps so much, giving it texture & dimension for wonderful layering.



I used the same snowflake stamp and white glittery embossing powder as I did on one of my Winter Scene cards in the previous post.


Liking how this embossing turned out I had to do it again but with a different background pattern.


I added some more shimmer and shine to random snowflakes in the background by using Sakura's glossy and Clear Stardust glitter pens. This card can go either landscape or portrait. Actually they both can but this one seems to lend itself to either direction for some reason. : )

Stamp: Snowflake-Inkadinkado; Ink: Versamark; Cuttlebug Embossing folders: Herringbone (1st card), Snowflakes (2nd card); Other: Winter Ice EP-Creations Unlimited, White brads, Offray sheer ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilites Classic Scallop Oval, Sakura Gellyroll Stardust pen- Clear, Sakura glossy pen-white

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!