Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!

Lookin across the Columbia River, from Vancouver, WA, to Oregon. Lose a ladder?

Hope this finds everyone safe and warm as they start the new year! A new year, new month, new day, new hour, how will you spend it?

I don't make New Year resolutions, or promises I can't keep. I know I'm human and lazy and things happen beyond my control, so why set myself up for frustration, any more than usual?! : ) That doesn't keep me from coming up with a goal now and then that should seem reasonable and attainable, like:
  • Call any family member at least once a month
  • Organize my crafting stuff/area or at least the cardstock or ribbon or stamps
  • Get out and hike, camp, or ride at least once a month
  • Start seeds for the garden in early April (and not wait or forget till May)
  • Read at least 1 novel and 1 informative book a month
  • Make Birthday cards for family members
Time flies by and I don't do many of these things, but I don't get too frustrated with myself about it, or try not to...most of the time. I need to take one day at a time, knowing God is in control and I believe He doesn't give me more than I can handle with Him as my strength and hope! With Him, I can do anything, anything I put my mind to.

Now if I would just get off my lazy rear and make something rather than just wish I would manage my (fleeting) time better, some day, so I can have more fun crafting...! One can think too much and accomplish nothing other than to tire and depress oneself or to motivate oneself, albeit too late.

Time for bed. Good Night, and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!