Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter themed cards

To motivate me to make some cards this month I'm participating in a few card swaps for a couple of groups I'm in. The first swap I'm attacking this week is a Winter Scene "Thinking of You" card. I made a few cards using some of my favorite winter themed stamps.


In the effort to stretch myself, go outside my comfort zone, I used a couple of different papers from the DCWV Holiday Collection - Winter matstack. These penguins from Art Impressions look like they're having some winter fun! I stamped them on scraps of white paper then cut them out after adding color and sparkle using markers and a glitter pen. I also used Crystal glitter glue on the snowflake side to show the hill the red hatter is sliding down, you can't quite see all of it in this pic.

Stamps: Penguins-Art Impressions, ToY-Endless Creations; Ink: Stampin'Up Classic Black, Adirondack Stream (ToY); Paper: DCWV Holiday Collection-the Winter Matstack, cardstock; Other: Tombow markers, Sakura Stardust Clear glitter pen, Stickles Crystal glitter glue
_________________________________________________



This card isn't as busy looking, more my style. It started out as more of a curiosity as to how well the snowflakes would show up on this light blue printed paper using white glittery embossing powder. I kinda like it, tho it looks better in person than in this pic. All of the blue cardstock does match the blues in the printed paper, up close.

Stamp: Snowflake-Inkadinkado; Ink: Versamark; Embossing powder: Creations Unlimited-Winter Ice; Paper: DCWV Holiday Collection-The Winter Matstack, Cardstock; Other: Ribbon-JoAnn's Santa Collection, Fiskars wavy scissors

Now I just have to decide which to send as the swap card and who to send the other card to : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!